Thursday, June 21, 2007

Out of breath in college!

It is 4 o'clock in the morning, speakers are blasting away lounge music, have 3 more chapters to finish before tomorrow's test. Chances look bleak. And yet I am up writing my blog.

The seniors are in the proess of leaving the campus after finishing their course. Thats it, they are done. They have completed their MBA. Done with it. Standing here it still feels like there are a million miles to go before I finish my MBA. Looks like it has only just begun. I am reliving an old feeling. As a young lad, I used to take swimming lessons. And when I was asked to try and swim the length of the pool, more often than not I would get out of breath in the middle. The edge of the pool would seem a kilometer away. And soon enough the body would give up and I would sink to the depths. Survival Instincts would kick in after swallowing a mouthful of chlorine water. Gasping and out of breath, I would make a beeline for the nearest edge. And then hold on for dear life. Confidence busted, it would take almost 5 minutes for me to garner enough courage to restart my attempt.

I can easily draw a parallel here. Except that both the final destination and the easy way out look like a distant target. Hope to get to end of this term without running out of breath. Hope to. I maybe already out of breath. It is going to be a struggle. Hoping those survival instincts kick in and I am rescued by a last burst of adrenalin.

Sometimes, I wonder what it would take to get into a job like the one Ian Wright has. He is the traveller photograher of "Lonely Planet", a travel show aired on discovery channel. I rather juggle a camera and visit the most exotic places rather than work on a PC for a living. But looks like I am destined for the later. Maybe someday I will apply to Discovery Channel for a job. As of now, they dont come to the campus for placements. A little piece of fantasy?

No comments: